-
January 15th, 2003, 11:40 PM
#171
Inactive Member
I have to take my finals next week then its on to the second half of the school year.
-
January 16th, 2003, 07:33 AM
#172
Inactive Member
I have an OS practice exam... (OS stands for Operative Systems)
-
January 16th, 2003, 09:14 AM
#173
HB Forum Owner
Far more interesting that databases (I'm working on that this week). To me, at least.
OSes was one of the only matters I found a pleasure to do here (it's not that I don't like CS, I don't like university - just plain old, theoretical stuff and math, you gotta learn the useful shit by yourself after you're done with all the crap).
-
January 16th, 2003, 10:29 AM
#174
Inactive Member
OSes are cool, unless it is Unix... Unix is an old thing... okay, Solaris, or other distributions may have nice graphic environments, have true Multitask-multiuser suport, and be completely network oriented, but this is hard Unix-script programming... and i find much more interesting C programming, to tell the truth... at least we can use the books
-
January 16th, 2003, 01:28 PM
#175
HB Forum Owner
Unix is good for servers, network applications, and a few particular things. My personal favorite operating system family is Windows NT (I use Windows 2000 (formerly known as Windows NT 5)). It has its advantages, but I don't like some things of Unix (*), plus Windows is way better for graphics and sound, games, desktop applications, etc.
I do like Shell scripting though, it may be useful for automatic tasks and stuff. For example, my (Windows NT powered) computer is full of BAT and CMD files to do stuff like partial defragmentation, temporary file purges, control OS services, etc. Windows NT has a slightly improved batch system, but I miss some things Unix has. The Windows Scripting Host could be even more powerful than Bash, but it's harder to learn.
---
(*): Like the absence of decent text editors... all you have are those vi and emacs pieces of bull shit - I'd rather cut my fingers than use that crap again. (Only very few new, rare, unpopular editors in some Linux releases are decent enough to be used.)
-
January 16th, 2003, 02:54 PM
#176
Inactive Member
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#E0E0E0"><font size=2 face="Verdana,Tahoma">Originally posted by -Wiseman-:
Hola Ryudo! Hey, creo que s? de d?nde es tu avatar... ja ja ja</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>
...No me digas.... ?_?U y yo s? de d?nde es el tuyo...
-
January 16th, 2003, 02:57 PM
#177
Inactive Member
Er.... of course.... (about the unix or whatever stuff...)
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 16, 2003 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Ryudo ]</font>
-
January 16th, 2003, 05:39 PM
#178
Inactive Member
you don'r know what to put in your sig? leave it empty! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
January 16th, 2003, 07:38 PM
#179
Inactive Member
-
January 16th, 2003, 10:12 PM
#180
HB Forum Owner
Ryudo's sig? The previous one said something about needing or finding Skies of Arcadia hentai, I can't remember. His current sig means I don't know what put in here.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks